Quarterly Medicare statistics
Year to date summary – updated 12 August 2022
September quarter 2009 onwards – updated 12 August 2022
- Medicare quarterly statistics – State
- Medicare quarterly statistics – Modified Monash
- Dental Benefits Schedule quarterly statistics – State
Medicare statistics: Rolling 12-month time series
July 2009 to June 2010 onwards – updated 12 August 2022
Annual Medicare statistics
2009-10 onwards – updated 12 August 2022
- Annual Medicare statistics – State – 2009-10 onwards
- Annual Medicare statistics – Modified Monash – 2009-10 onwards
- Annual Medicare statistics – 1984-85 to 2008-09 (Excel 1259 KB)
Medicare explanatory notes
COVID-19 Temporary Medicare telehealth items
Commencing 13 March 2020, new temporary MBS telehealth items were made available to help reduce the risk of community transmission of COVID-19 and provide protection for patients and health care providers. A breakdown by Broad Type of Service (BTOS) is available below.
- 2021-22 Financial Year – MBS COVID Items 2021-22
- 2020-21 Financial Year – MBS COVID Items 2020-21 (Excel 41 KB)
- 2019-20 Financial Year – MBS COVID Items 2019-20 (Excel 16 KB)
For more detailed information please see MBS COVID-19 items on MBS On-Line.
Medicare Statistical Reports – Services Australia
Detailed Medicare statistical information on items can be found at the Services Australia website
The Department of Health has made every effort to ensure that the Microsoft Excel version of the above documents meets accessibility requirements. If you are experiencing difficulty accessing the information contained within this document, please email MBS.Statistics@health.gov.au to arrange for an alternative format to be provided to you.