The Private Health Insurance (Reform) Amendment Rules 2018 were made on 11 October 2018.
The Private Health Insurance (Reforms) Amendment Rules 2018 and explanatory statement are available on the Federal Register of Legislation.
On 16 July 2018, Minister for Health, the Hon Greg Hunt MP, invited comments on the exposure draft of the Private Health Insurance (Reforms) Amendment Rules 2018 (the Rules).
The measures contained in the Rules will give effect to elements of the private health insurance reform package, and provide the detailed framework for several reforms announced by the Minister last year.
- Private Health Insurance (Reforms) Amendment Rules 2018 (PDF 1.1 MB)
- Private Health Insurance (Complying Product) Amendment (Terminating Products) Rules 2018( PDF 166 KB)
- Illustrative Draft Compilation - Private Health Insurance (Complying Product) Rules 2015 (Compilation) (PDF 1.1 MB)
- Private Health Insurance Reform Amendments 2018 - Guide to the Exposure Draft (PDF 615 KB)
- Private Health Insurance Reform Amendments 2018 - Guide to the Exposure Draft (Word 40 KB)
- Draft clinical categories table (PDF 441 KB)
- Draft Gold, Silver, Bronze and Basic - Hospital treatment product tiers (PDF 165 KB)
Fact sheetsPrivate Health Insurance Reforms - fact sheets
Submitting a response
Interested parties are invited to comment on this consultation.
Any comments will be treated in confidence; they will not be published.
The consultation period is open from 16 July – 3 August 2018.
Please email your response by 5pm Friday 3 August to: PHIconsultation@health.gov.au
Questions about this process or the Rules should also be emailed to: PHIconsultation@health.gov.au