PDF Printable version of PHI 07/10 (PDF 27 KB)
12 February 2010
February 2010 Prostheses List
The purpose of this Circular is to inform the health industry that:
- the delegate of the Minister for Health and Ageing has made rules giving effect to a new version of the Prostheses List (February 2010); and
- the February 2010 Prostheses List commences on 26 February 2010.
The Private Health Insurance (Prostheses) Rules 2010 (No. 1)
('the Rules') are now available on the Department's website. Please note that the Rules have not yet been registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments ('FRLI'). Until they have been registered on FRLI and commence on 26 February 2010, the Rules do not represent the law. The registration process is currently being undertaken by FRLI and it is expected that the Rules will be registered early next week.
Variations from the previous Prostheses List – Part A (Prostheses)
The February 2010 Prostheses List (Part A) contains the following changes:
- 822 new billing codes (397 new products, 81 resulting from expansions, 198 resulting from transfers, 2 resulting from compressions and 144 duplications);
- 3,321 billing codes have had amendments to one or more of the following: benefit/s, product information text, product groups/subgroups; and
- 792 billing codes have been removed (554 at sponsor request, 4 compressed, 36 expanded and198 transferred).
Variations from the previous Prostheses List – Part B (Human Tissue)
The February 2010 Prostheses List (Part B) includes the following changes:
- 3 products have been added; and
- 25 existing products have had benefit amendments.
Gap permitted products
There are currently 2,254 (24.0%) products with potential gaps in part A of the Prostheses List.
Human tissue prostheses in Part B of the Prostheses List do not have gap permitted products.
The February 2010 Prostheses List and associated reports are available on the Department’s website: http://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/health-privatehealth-prostheseslist.htm
If you require further information please telephone: (02) 6289 9853/24 hr answering machine or email the enquiry to PrivateHealth@health.gov.au
Changing your e-mail address? No longer want circulars? Please notify Private Health Insurance Branch at PrivateHealth@health.gov.au
Private Health Insurance Branch.