- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report
- Previous Reports and Updates
- Annual Reports
- Accessibility Issues
The Australian Influenza Surveillance Report is published on a fortnightly basis during the influenza season, typically between May and October. Influenza activity updates will be published outside of the seasonal period.
- Activity – Currently, influenza and influenza-like illness (ILI) activity is slightly higher than average for this time of year compared to previous years. However, the disparity between this season and previous years has been decreasing over the last few weeks. At the national level, notifications of laboratory-confirmed influenza have decreased in the past fortnight; however, this may be due in some measure to data entry backlogs.
- Severity – Clinical severity for the season to date, as measured through the proportion of patients admitted directly to ICU, and deaths attributed to influenza, is low.
- Virology – The majority of confirmed influenza cases reported nationally were influenza A in the year to date (82%) and past fortnight (79%). After an increase in the proportion of cases attributed to influenza B since early May, the proportion has declined in the past month.
- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report No 07 - 15 July to 28 July 2019 (PDF 771 KB)
- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report No 07 - 15 July to 28 July 2019 (Word 843 KB)
- Previous Reports - 2019
- Previous Reports - 2018
- Previous Reports - 2017
- Previous Reports - 2016
- Previous Reports and Updates - 2015
- Previous Reports and Updates - 2014
- Previous Reports - 2013
- Previous Reports - 2012
- Previous Reports - 2011
- Previous Reports - 2010
- Previous Reports - 2009
Should you encounter issues in accessing the information contained either on this webpage or within the downloadable full reports please email flu (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact the Department of Health switchboard on 02 6289 1555 or 1800 020 103.top of page