In an emergency contact:
- Emergency services - phone 000
- your general practitioner, or
- your local hospital emergency department.
24-hour telephone services include:Lifeline
Phone: 13 11 14 (for the cost of a local call)
Kids Help Line
Phone: 1800 55 1800 (free call)
Other places to go to for help include:
- your general practitioner
- your child's school counsellor
- the local community health centre, and
- the local mental health service.
Additional copies of this brochure are available from the Health Priorities and Suicide Prevention Branch, Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing by calling 1800 066 247 or faxing 1800 634 400. Website: Mental health page on the Department of Health and Ageing website (www.health.gov.au)1
The Commonwealth acknowledges the NSW Health Department's Family Help Kit in the preparation of this brochure.
Publications approval number: 2781
© Commonwealth of Australia
1 Updated (2008) to link users to the current website