2.1. Who is eligible to apply for funding?For legal and accountability reasons, only incorporated bodies are eligible to apply for funding under this program.
The types of organisations that may apply for funding include:
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander organisations
- Non-profit/charitable organisations
- For profit organisations
- Non-government health care providers.
2.2. What is eligible for funding?Applications which will be considered for funding must comply with the following requirements:
- Projects which support community-led suicide prevention activities which target Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities at high risk of suicide.
- Funding up to a maximum of $300,000 per year for individual projects.
- Projects which operate for the full term of the initiative from 2012-13 and be completed by 30 June 2015.
- If more than one organisation will be involved in the project, one organisation must be identified as the lead organisation.
- Retrospective activities will not be funded by this initiative.