Text version of diagramThe flow chart consists of the following steps:
- Application - applicant completes application.
- Submit an application - applicant submits an application.
- Appraisal - the application is accepted. The application is assessed against eligibility and appraisal criteria.
- Advice to approver - advice provided to the *Approver on the merits of each application against the program guidelines. (*Fma Reg 3 defines "approver" as a Minister, a Chief Executive or a person authorised to approve proposals to spend public money.)
- Decision/ notification - the approver makes a decision on the application and the applicant is advised of the decision.
- Funding - An agreement is negotiated and signed by the applicant and the department.
- Do/ complete/ acquit - applicant undertakes funding activity, completes milestones, provides reports and acquits funds against expenditure. Department makes payment and monitors progress.
- Evaluation - department evaluates the outcomes of the program. Applicant provides information to assist this evaluation.