All Biological Substances, Category B, are prohibited in the international post. (Infectious Substances, Category A are prohibited in the international and domestic post.)
Australia Post accepts Biological Substances, Category B or non-infectious substances in the domestic post, subject to the following conditions:
- the Australian addressee (receiver) must be a recognised laboratory
- the sender must be a:
- qualified medical practitioner or
- qualified veterinary surgeon or
- public hospital, clinic or laboratory or
- a member of a Commonwealth, state or territory police force.
Image deleted - the downloadable version of this document contains a flow chart to determine if the specimen can be sent by post that could not be reproduced in HTML format.