To disseminate information on the epidemiology and control of communicable disease in Australia.
Objectives of Communicable Diseases Intelligence (CDI)
- To report on surveillance of communicable diseases of relevance to Australia
- To publish other articles relevant to communicable disease epidemiology in Australia.
- To provide information relevant to the surveillance, prevention and control of communicable disease in Australia.
Objectives of the Communicable Diseases Surveillance website:
- To provide a timely mechanism for the dissemination of summary data from the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System.
- To provide electronic copies of CDI and of current communicable disease control documents.
- To provide access to epidemiologists in the Surveillance Section for general inquiries about communicable disease control in Australia.
- To provide electronic links to other useful communicable disease Websites in Australia and overseas.
Communicable Diseases Surveillance