CDI Instructions for authors
For all work intended for submission to CDI, please follow the submission guidelines contained within the ‘Communicable Diseases Intelligence Instructions for Authors’ document, which provides detailed guidelines on
- Acceptable manuscript types
- Manuscript structure and word limits
- Authorship, ethics, copyright and privacy declarations
- Style guidelines
- Technical specifications and accessibility requirements for figures
To ensure the efficient handling of submitted manuscripts, authors must submit the following documents and files at one time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Article Submission Coversheet.
- Article in Microsoft Word format.
- Article charts in an appropriate format (Microsoft Excel or otherwise): see Instructions for Authors.
- Article illustrations in an appropriate format, at 300 dpi resolution or higher.
- Depending on submission circumstances (see below): either a Copyright Transfer Agreement or an Australian Privacy Principle 5 (APP5) Notification Form.
- Accessibility information:
- Article summary.
- Table descriptions.
- Figure descriptions.
Copyright Transfer Agreement
(Only for unsolicited contributions from authors external to the Australian Government)
Australian Privacy Principle 5 (APP5) Notification Form
(Only for use by Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care contributors, and for authors of regular surveillance reports wherein the copyright is contractually vested in the Department)